[OSM-dev] using osmosis (was Re: Max size of changeset with josm (in kb))

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:04:11 BST 2009

Thanks,
Im slowely figuring it out. :)

I got osmosis to run, and now playing with the .bat file to make it work.

It stalled with an error
"thread for task 1-read-xml failed"
and "unable to read XML file.
and "Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence"

Does the script need to call any files from the lib/ directory?

Who is the creator of this program that might be able to help?

Unfortunately it still asks me to put in the bounding box coordinates.  I
guess there isn't a way to simply slice the .osm file in 16  (it looks like
it has to be .bz2)

Thanks,
Sam