[OSM-dev] Empty statefile in minute-replicate breaks osmosis

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Nov 2 12:24:29 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Teemu Koskinen wrote:
>
>> There's an empty statefile[1] which breaks osmosis:
>> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/minute-replicate/000/073/922.state.txt
>>

> I manually fixed my mirroring like Lennard suggested.
>
> @Admins - any clue as to why that file had zero length? Would it perhaps
> be possible to construct some wrapper around Osmosis that detects such
> an outcome and remedies it somehow? The accompanying .osc file seemed
> fine so it is unlikely that the disk was full.

I don't know what happened.  I need to check what order the files are
written in.  Everything is supposed to be idempotent meaning that if any
problems occur during processing of a replication interval, it will be
re-started and any partly completed files re-created.  Perhaps that
isn't the case.

Perhaps also an issue is that the old-dev server is now NFS mounting off
horntail.  Hopefully the problems will disappear once the services
themselves are moved across to the new server and everything is running
locally again.

Brett