[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql tile expiry freaks me out

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:51:01 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 22:37 +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>     I'm trying to work with the tile expiry list produced by osm2pgsql
> but something seems to be very wrong there.

I never quite managed to get around to using the osm2pgsql based expiry
code on the main tile server. I still use the ruby scripts written by
Matt

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/export/tile_expiry

I have discussed the expiry scripts with Matt a couple of times and he
found that the osm2pgsql based approach tended to hit the DB quite hard.
He found that even though the osm2pgsql code should in theory produce
more accurate results, the ruby scripts tended to work better overall.

	Jon