[OSM-dev] Live Database Copy of Planet File

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Nov 5 13:16:41 GMT 2009

2009/11/5 Emilie Laffray <emilie.laffray at gmail.com>

> 2009/11/5 Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com>
>

>> i don't think there is any documentation yet, and i'm sure brett would
>> be happy if someone could help out with that. :-)
>>
>> it's been discussed a couple of times on this ML, though:
>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2009-October/017390.html
>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2009-October/017522.html
>>

> Thanks for the link.
> I will see if I have the time to do the documentation.
>
> Emilie Laffray

I don't really care for the changesets, just the data... (and only certain
parts of that) I had this theory it could be done with a mix of Cron and
Osmosis and was really looking at what to feed what it the right order.

Once I've got it collecting the right files and putting it into postgres
using Osmosis I can then replace Osmosis to do the extra preprocessing I
want. All I was looking for was a simple step by step guide or an example. I
don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I think we need somthing on the wiki

Peter.