[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql tile expiry freaks me out

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Nov 5 20:29:24 GMT 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, sly (sylvain letuffe) wrote:

> In case he is doing like me, that is : running a cron job over and over again
> the same file where duplicates might acumulate. But there is a few chance he
> reaches such a number, so that was probably a bad guess.

Ah, ok.  That makes sense.  The way I handle expiry means that I get a
fresh expiry list each time rather than appending to an existing one - as
soon as each osm2pgsql run completes I discard any entried from the expiry
list that don't have associated rendered tiles actually on the disk(*).

* it's actually a bit more complicated than this since you have to handle
all the zoom levels.  See:
https://subversion.nexusuk.org/trac/browser/openpistemap/trunk/scripts/expire_tiles.py
to see how I do it.

--