[OSM-dev] Complete history of OSM data - questions and discussion

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 04:47:25 GMT 2009

>>> There is a dump, but it's a mysql dump so not easily readable. There may
>>> be
>>> a planet around somewhere as well but I don't think it will be
>>> synchronised
>>> to the actual shutdown time or have any history.
>>
>> If you'd be willing to share the mysql dump (I of course wouldn't need
>> user- or any other sensitive data) I'd try my best. It can't hurt.
>> Planet won't be as useful because the history is missing.
>
> The problem is we'll have to load the dump into mysql to remove the
> sensitive data...

That's what occurred to me too after I sent the mail. This is a "nice
to have"-thing but by no way a necessity. Please let me know if I can
be of any assistance as I'm very interested in the data. Otherwise
I'll just bug you every few months ;-)

If Matt is correct when he says that we'd need a full dump anyway on a
license change wouldn't that include this old mysql data? I may be far
off here. License issues are way over my head.

Cheers,
Lars