[OSM-dev] Any OpenStreetMap viewer for Android?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Nov 13 08:52:14 GMT 2009

I am sorry, I obviously didn't read everything on your web page. I clicked on
the FAQ link and then from the table of contents on the "What are your licensing
options?" link. This took me to:
http://www.nutiteq.com/faq.html#What_are_your_licensing_options

There it says:
    What are your licensing options?

    Basic license system is one-time fee per application. With single license you
    can distribute as many copies of the application as you wish; but if there is
    different application (for the user) then new license is required. Variations
    of application for different devices and languages are included in the single
    license, and do not require additional license. See more information about
    license pricing from the Pricing page.

It doesn't say that GPL is an option. So I assumed that it isn't. I didn't see
the section above it about the free use. I also looked on the "Prices" page
(http://www.nutiteq.com/e-shop.html). The first sentence on this page is "You
must agree first with the license terms". Again the GPL is not mentioned here.
This is very confusing. I suggest mentioning the GPS option on this page, too.

As it stands, the web site has many seemingly conflicting licensing information
at the moment.  Maybe using the word dual-licensed in some places would make it
clearer: "MGMaps SDK is dual-licensed. You can use it as free software under
the GPL license (see here for more...) or buy a commercial license..."

Jochen