[OSM-dev] potlatch breaking B38a

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Wed Nov 25 17:19:24 GMT 2009

Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> writes:

> That said, I'm not sure there's a need for this any more. The key has been
> moved from Shift to Control which should be sufficient. An extra warning
> would, I think, annoy users.

Ctrl+Click also commonly adds to a selection.  I think, it is any less
surprising to users then Shift+Click when it combines ways instead.

The difference between Ctrl+Click und Shift+Click is that the former
adds individual elements to the selection and that latter selects
everything between the last selected element and the current one.

Matthias