[OSM-dev] Question about developing web app

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 10:31:49 GMT 2009

vesko kuki wrote:
> How to connect to OpenStreetMap programmatically, which web service to
> use, how to get coordinate of point?

OpenStreetMap has a REST API:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6

However, there's more to getting the coordinates of a feature than just
a single API call. If you can tell us more about what you're trying to
do, we can point you in the right direction.

> Is there some example of C# web app with OpenStreetMap embedded in them?

There's a .NET rendering application for OSM, Kosmos:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Kosmos

It's open source, so you can reuse some or all of the source code if you
like.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)