[OSM-dev] WebGL 3D OSM viewer project

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Nov 27 14:00:58 GMT 2009

Nick Whitelegg schrieb:
> Hello everyone,
>
> After spending a bit of time getting familiar with WebGL (in-browser
> hardware accelerated 3D graphics) I have now managed to develop an
> application which will download and render OSM data with WebGL. Not very
> impressive yet (all ways are rendered as white lines!) but I thought I'd
> post so that people are aware of the project.
>
> It's at
>
> http://www.free-map.org.uk/3d/
>
> Requires Minefield (Firefox nightly build).
I just installed FF3.7a1pre Build 20091126042346 and it does not work.

It always fails with:

Error: this.wgl is null
Source File: http://www.free-map.org.uk/3d/main.js
Line: 164

It looks like Freemap3D.initialize is not called. in init() (init just
calls Freemap3D.draw). When i do the initialization myself, it tries to
load http://www.free-map.org.uk/osm/undefined/NaN/NaN/json and fails
with a 404.

Peter