[OSM-dev] Tagwatch Editor Counts

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:33:57 GMT 2009

> Both apps tag the change set [2] rather than the
> node or way that is created.  I'm wondering if this is why there are
> no stats on the editor's usage in Tagwatch?  If this is the case, how
> can I help update Tagwatch to look at change sets?

That is almost certainly the case. Tagwatch uses a Europe extract of
the data. Those extracts contain no changeset information as far as I
know. You'd have to extend Osmosis to also include changeset
information and I suspect that won't be very easy. The other
possibility is to use the changeset dumps from
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/ and parse those yourself for the data
you need but I only have a rough idea how to integrate this into
Tagwatch.

OSMdoc includes changeset tags because it parses the planet.osm (which
has changeset data) but the data is outdated (August) and diffs don't
include changesets either (again you'd need to update Osmosis for
this).

Cheers,
Lars