[OSM-dev] Multithread generate_tiles.py, generate_images.py and question about attribution.

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Sat Oct 3 21:24:08 BST 2009

Dne sobota 03 Říjen 2009 18:52:12 Dane Springmeyer napsal(a):
> Jon recently added threading to generate_tiles.py in svn as well:

Oh, I needed it two months ago so I wrote it.

> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/17484
>
> I would if you have compared your implementation yet?

Sorry, I don't understand the meaning of this sentence.

> Were you running into limitations within Mapnik or just memory when
> rendering large single images?

When rendering large image for large geospatial area - whole Czech Republic.
For example if you set x_parts and y_parts to 1 in the script and when you run
it on 2GB RAM machine with 32-bit operating system.

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz