[OSM-dev] Hourly diffs are missing edits (too)

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Wed Oct 7 18:15:14 BST 2009

John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> writes:

> 2009/10/7 Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl>:
>> John Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to work out how to know how many diffs per day there are so
>>> that can be used to figure out how to keep up to date when things
>>> flick over between days etc.
>>
>> The state.txt files hold a timestamp field, so see if that's all you
>> need for your needs.
>
> That gives you the last file, I'm just asking about the directory structure...

I guess you just have to remember which diff you have applied last and
not only the timestamp.  Each diff is also accompnied by a
nnn.state.txt file that has the timestamp for the diff.

The timestamps are in UTC.  It would be nice if file times shown by
planet.o.o were UTC as well.  And the same goes for all other OSM
sites like the wiki - in case it isn't doing that already.  Recent
timestamps on discussion pages show a UTC time zone.  It would be
great if the last modification time in the foot of the pages showed
the time zone as well.

Matthias