[OSM-dev] OpenstreetMap Trace Analysys

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:15:52 BST 2009

2009/10/12 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, John Robert Peterson wrote:
>
>> I thought there was fundemental privacy issues with doing any of the above?
>
> Aslong the timestamp is not provided, no problem right?

Even with a lot of the information removed you could still pin point
the location that contributors live, I really need to solve this
problem for myself so I can upload my traces, but I'm not happy for
people to know where I live or where I shop or where I work or ....

I have been donated data by some grey nomads that go north in winter,
but I can't uploaded it because one of the conditions is they didn't
want other people knowing about their favourite camping spots.