[OSM-dev] help on developing an editor

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:52:48 GMT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Sebastian Kürten
<sebastian.kuerten at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> could someone please describe shortly, what actions are necessary to
> for example just changing a node's tags or inserting a new node?
> (or provide a link to the correct wiki-page i've missed)

Rather than explain this all I suggest you use JOSM and a TCP dumper
like tcpflow and just try to perform those actions on the
api06.dev.openstreetmap.org server. Basically you open a changeset,
make a bunch of edits and then optionally close the changeset.

But if you're unsure how something in the API works just look at the
more mature editors for guidance.