[OSM-dev] renderd - terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapnik::config_error'

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Sat Sep 5 16:21:44 BST 2009

Hello OSM developers.

Since last "svn up" (maybe few more, I'm not sure), my instance of renderd is
failing with message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapnik::config_error'
  what():  Unable to find specified font face 'DejaVu Sans Book'

Here is my renderd.conf:

[mapnik]
plugins_dir=/usr/lib/mapnik/input
font_dir=/usr/share/fonts
font_dir_recurse=1

And here is find /usr/share/fonts -name *DejaVu*:

/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-Italic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-Italic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-BoldOblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-ExtraLight.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-BoldOblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-BoldItalic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-Oblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Oblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-BoldOblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Oblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf

I would like to ask if this is a problem of missing font (I don't see any
DejaVuSansBook.ttf) and in what package/version I can find this font or this
font face shoud be already included in for example DejaVuSans.ttf file.

Nevertheless, shouldn't renderd/mapnik find alternative font instead of
crashing with an excepiton?

Thank you for your help.

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz