[OSM-dev] renderd - terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mapnik::config_error'

Radek Bartoň blackhex at post.cz
Sat Sep 5 22:10:37 BST 2009

> Does DejaVuSans.ttf get listed for you?
>
> Does it work if you change the font path to:
>
> font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/dejavu
>
> I wonder if you have too many fonts under /usr/share/fonts and Mapnik
> gives up loading them after a while.
>
> 	Jon

Thanks a lot Jon.

After your advise I noticed that there is font_dir_recurse=0 in renderd log
although renderd.conf contains font_dir_recurse=1 as I wrote previously.

Seems like a small bug for me. Anyway with font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/dejavu
are fonts loaded.

font_dir=/usr/share/fonts:

renderd[17258]: Starting stats thread
renderd[17539]: Rendering daemon started
renderd[17539]: Parsing section renderd
renderd[17539]: Parsing render section 0
renderd[17539]: Parsing section mapnik
renderd[17539]: Parsing section default
renderd[17539]: Parsing section tracks
renderd[17539]: config renderd: unix socketname=/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[17539]: config renderd: num_threads=2
renderd[17539]: config renderd: num_slaves=0
renderd[17539]: config renderd: tile_dir=/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/
renderd[17539]: config renderd: stats_file=/var/run/renderd/renderd.stats
renderd[17539]: config mapnik:  plugins_dir=/usr/lib/mapnik/input
renderd[17539]: config mapnik:  font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/
renderd[17539]: config mapnik:  font_dir_recurse=0
renderd[17539]: config renderd(0): Active
renderd[17539]: config renderd(0): unix
socketname=/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[17539]: config renderd(0): num_threads=2
renderd[17539]: config renderd(0): tile_dir=/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/
renderd[17539]: config renderd(0): stats_file=/var/run/renderd/renderd.stats
renderd[17539]: config map 0:   name(default)
file(/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/osm.xml) uri(/default/) htcp()
host(opentrackmap.no-ip.org)
renderd[17539]: config map 1:   name(tracks)
file(/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/tracks.xml) uri(/tracks/) htcp()
host(opentrackmap.no-ip.org)
renderd[17539]: Initialising unix server socket on
/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[17539]: Created server socket 4

font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/dejavu:

renderd[16728]: Rendering daemon started
renderd[16728]: Parsing section renderd
renderd[16728]: Parsing render section 0
renderd[16728]: Parsing section mapnik
renderd[16728]: Parsing section default
renderd[16728]: Parsing section tracks
renderd[16728]: config renderd: unix socketname=/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[16728]: config renderd: num_threads=2
renderd[16728]: config renderd: num_slaves=0
renderd[16728]: config renderd: tile_dir=/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/
renderd[16728]: config renderd: stats_file=/var/run/renderd/renderd.stats
renderd[16728]: config mapnik:  plugins_dir=/usr/lib/mapnik/input
renderd[16728]: config mapnik:  font_dir=/usr/share/fonts/dejavu
renderd[16728]: config mapnik:  font_dir_recurse=0
renderd[16728]: config renderd(0): Active
renderd[16728]: config renderd(0): unix
socketname=/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[16728]: config renderd(0): num_threads=2
renderd[16728]: config renderd(0): tile_dir=/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/
renderd[16728]: config renderd(0): stats_file=/var/run/renderd/renderd.stats
renderd[16728]: config map 0:   name(default)
file(/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/osm.xml) uri(/default/) htcp()
host(opentrackmap.no-ip.org)
renderd[16728]: config map 1:   name(tracks)
file(/mnt/data/OpenTrackMap/tracks.xml) uri(/tracks/) htcp()
host(opentrackmap.no-ip.org)
renderd[16728]: Initialising unix server socket on
/var/run/renderd/renderd.sock
renderd[16728]: Created server socket 4
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-Italic.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-
Italic.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-
BoldOblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-
ExtraLight.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-BoldOblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-
Bold.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-
Bold.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-BoldItalic.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerif-
BoldItalic.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-
Oblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSerifCondensed-Bold.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-
Oblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-
BoldOblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font:
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansCondensed-Oblique.ttf
renderd[16728]: DEBUG: Loading font: /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-
Bold.ttf
Running in foreground mode...
renderd[16728]: Starting stats thread

--
Ing. Radek Bartoň

Faculty of Information Technology
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Brno University of Technology

E-mail: blackhex at post.cz
Web: http://blackhex.no-ip.org
Jabber: blackhex at jabber.cz