[OSM-dev] OSMOSIS-Dataconverting APi0.5 -> Api0.6 problem

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 10 11:06:16 BST 2009

Sabine,

Sabine.Teile at gmx.de wrote:
> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)

This is probably just what it says - you seem to have a node with a tag
value of more than 255 characters. That was ok with 0.5 but is not ok
any more.

I suggest that you check your Data_API06.osm.bz2 file (simply running it
through something like

bzcat Data_API06.osm.bz2 | perl -ne 'print "line $. too long\n" if
(length($_)>250);'

and then manually shorten the tags in question before proceeding.

Bye
Frederik