[OSM-dev] GPX upload in 0.6 API - private track upload not working

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Sep 12 16:45:15 BST 2009

On 12/09/09 16:30, le_top wrote:

> Uploaded tracks are supposed to be private initially.  This worked fine for
> sure about 25 days ago, but no longer since apparently 2 weeks.
> I did not change my program and everything seems ok on that side (public is
> set to 0) - I guess something changed on the server side.
> Tracks uploaded this way automatically get a tag (bt747_direct).  There are
> 19 pages of public traces (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/bt747_direct ) - most surely
> intentionnally public.
>
> Can somebody look into this upload issue (= tracks should be private because
> public is set to 0, but they are public instead)?

Firstly it would be better to change to the new visibility attribute,
but the old public flag should work as well if visibility is not sent.

Secondly, when did you last try this? Only there was a problem along the
lines you describe for a while but it should have been fixed for a week
or so now.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)