[OSM-dev] broken utf8 in minute changeset 200907140650

Mon Sep 14 10:49:46 BST 2009

On 09/09/2009 17:43, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> It looks like the cursor moves with the same ammount of positions as
> bytes encoding the UTF-8 character.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm a little loth to spend time on
fine-tuning something, with the risk of introducing more bugs, that
Adobe really should be fixing themselves - this is really a bare-bones fix.

But if you can put it in a trac ticket and come up with a universal rule
I can implement (bearing in mind I don't have a Linux box to test on)
I'm very happy to do so.
http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary635.html
shows the methods at our disposal.

cheers