[OSM-dev] Polygon relationificator

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:53:31 BST 2009

2009/9/14 Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es>

> You can see where this goes. If the input polygons are non-overlapping and
> adjacent, I could redraw the edges of the polygons as graph edges, put a
> graph node whenever three (or more) polygons touch each other, and then
> apply
> some graph theory to convert every polygon to a set of graph edges ( =
> relation of ways = multipolygon with several outer ways )

shp-to-osm will spit out a multipolygon relation for any multipolygon or
multilinestring. It does not try to do any collating of ways so it's one
step away from what you're talking about.

This feature could be added, but could you draw a couple pictures to explain
what you mean? What happens with the graph edges inside the multipolygon?
Since they aren't really polygons, do they belong in a multipolygon
relation? Maybe I'm not correctly interpreting what you meant.