[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:29:46 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> On 15/09/09 19:05, Ian Dees wrote:
>
>  Ok, next question: is there a way to fetch full history for more than
>> one node at a time? I'd prefer to not have to either (a) download and
>> parse the full planet or (b) make tons of node/history queries to the
>> main API server.
>>

> Planet won't help as it doesn't have history, and if you do try scraping
> the history from the api you will find yourself blocked
> as soon as I notice...

When someone changes a way by moving/deleting/adding nodes there's no way to
see what it looked like beforehand?

That's disappointing. Am I the only one that cares about this? With
permission I'd be happy to try and write something for the
openstreetmap.orgsite to make this feasible and not kill the API
frontend servers.