[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:34:13 BST 2009

2009/9/15 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com>:
> I'm working on a webapp that pulls way/node/relation history data from the
> API and does its best to show it in a format that's a little easier to read
> than the main openstreetmap.org website.
>
> I've got the node history done for the most part (e.g.
> http://osm.mapki.com/history/node.php?id=466503333)

Oh no, I deleted some versions by clicking the x, I hope it's not live :)

> Next up are ways. This is pretty difficult, though, as a way's history only
> shows the nodes that made up the way at that time, not which revision of
> those nodes made up the way at the time. Is there a solution for this or do
> I really need to get the full history for every node in a way in order to
> see where the node was at given point in time?

Let me post the link in this thread too, I think amf getway_history
call does exactly this, except there's nothing similar for relations.

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/app/controllers/amf_controller.rb

Curl won't be able to query amf but in C or python it should be fairly
easy to make such a call.

Cheers