[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql Error way_changed_mark

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:50:32 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 23:01 -0700, Andrew Ayre wrote:
> Previously I was using 0.52 and it was working fine. However it wasn't
> include the service tag, so now I am using 0.67-17674M. When I run it with:
>
> osm2pgsql -d mapnik -p opt -U username -W -c -m -s opt.osm
>
> I get:
>
> Processing: Node(10k) Way(0k) Relation(0k)way_changed_mark failed:
> ERROR:  prepared statement "way_changed_mark" does not exist
> (7)
> Arguments were: 16908947,
> Error occurred, cleaning up
>
> I am using PostgreSQL/PostGIS 8.3 on Debian Lenny.
>
> Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

I have seen the error before. If I remember correctly, it happens when
you load an osm file which contains elements marked for modification
(either in a <modify> or action='modify'). This works fine in --append
mode, but causes the error you describe when not run as an append.

I think you can fix it by creating a DB with empty tables and then

$ echo "<osm></osm>" > empty.osm
$ osm2pgsql -d mapnik -p opt -U username -W -c -m -s empty.osm
$ osm2pgsql --append -d mapnik -p opt -U username -W -c -m -s opt.osm

	Jon