[OSM-dev] Anyway to split or simplify an .osm file from the command line?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 15:51:09 BST 2009

2009/9/21 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

> I have not checked this but given the ignorance that speaks from the above,

I didn't asked to be insulted, if you don't want to help that's fine
by cut out the name calling.

I neither created the file, nor did I intented to import it
automatically, I wasn't even asking on how to import it, I simply
asked how to reduce the number of nodes.

Most of the ways already exist in the OSM database as admin boundaries
from a previous import, however postcodes were not imported
automatically, we are simply creating relations for the post code
boundaries.