[OSM-dev] Imported data missing from mapnik database?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:21:18 BST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 21:42 -0300, Claudomiro Nascimento Junior wrote:
> Could somebody check if the boundary data for Brazil that I imported
> last 15 of september (changeset 2487678) is in the mapnik database?

The size of the changeset meant that most the nodes were lost from
minute diffs.

> For instance, I can not "force" way 40835878 on the Brazil/Uruguay
> border to be rendered even after marking tiles dirty.

That won't help when the data is missing from the diffs

> It is curious that some ways (like 40835721) are rendered when Insert
> extra nodes on middle of it, but this does not work when just adding
> extra attributes.

If you do the edit with Potlatch then I believe it updates all the nodes
of the way during the edit. This makes them all appear in the diffs.
Changing a tag just updates the way without the nodes appearing in the
diff.

I have downloaded & applied changeset 2487678 to the Mapnik DB. All the
data should now be present and starting to render. If you have made
edits after changeset 2487678 then these will not appear in Mapnik until
the next full import (maybe next weekend).

In future this issue should be resolved by the new replication diffs.
This does not drop nodes on large changesets. The Mapnik updates have
been using these since Sept 18th, so your data just missed by a couple
of days.

	Jon