[OSM-dev] Josm bug: deleted nodes cause conflicts

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Tue Sep 29 13:57:59 BST 2009

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM, malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> wrote:
>> But what I maybe did not express well enough was: how can the MUA
>> decide if the CC-to/Send-to duplicate should be removed or the
>> duplicate from ML? Sometimes there are even triplikates (can one call
>> that so?) sent...
>
> One of the popular options these days for people who don't like
> duplicates, is to tick the "kill duplicates" option in the mailing
> list configuration. That way each user can decide for themselves
> whether they want duplicates or not.
>
> (The way it works is that the mailing list server checks the To and CC
> fields and if your address is in there it doesn't send you another
> copy).

Unfortunately, this is not practicable if you want to have the list
headers (List-Id for example) in list mails.  It is the same problem
as with duplicate suppression on the receiving side because the direct
mail usually arrives first.

I am interested in a way to have Cyrus' duplicate suppression only
kick in when the duplicate is delivered to the same inbox folder
(after sieve filtering).  Of course, this is even more OT here than
the rest of this thread.

Matthias