[OSM-dev] Statistics on changesets by created_by=*

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 02:25:59 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com>wrote:

> TomH provided me with statistics on created_by=* in all changeset
> tags[1][2][3]. Here are with more than 1000 total changesets ordered
> by the number of changesets:
>
>  813222 => "JOSM",
>  730972 => "Potlatch",
>  96066  => "Merkaartor",
>  40213  => "bulk_upload.py",
>  34625  => "upload.py",
>  17443  => "KMLManager",
>  7995   => "FreieTonne",
>  4620   => "osmtools",
>  3779   => "OTHERS",
>  1271   => "mat's little ruby script",
>  898    => "osm2go",
>
> So JOSM is über alles it would appear.

Caveat: Only when considering the number of changesets. If one would like to
consider the number of primitives (nodes, ways, relations) edited then the
results will likely be different (I'm guessing the bulk imports would go up
a level or two).