[OSM-dev] shp2osm.pl

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:27:33 BST 2009

2009/9/30 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> Hi,
>
> Ian Dees wrote:
> > I've been hoping someone would strike up a conversation with me on a
> > good algorithm to find and relation-ize overlapping boundary ways. I
> > would love to implement this...
>
> I have recently explained how I'm currently doing this with PostGIS but
> nothing keeps you from using the GEOS library and write a C or C++
> program that does the same!
>
> But, someone recently wrote that polyshp2osm already supports
> multipolygon border relations so maybe give that a try?

Unfortunately not, it supports multipolygons relations. Someone posted a
perl script to do it. I think it was posted on Perl. It would be possible to
do something like this based on Postgis.
My way of doing it in Postgis is very similar to yours.
Anyway, I am planning at some point to have a look at the perl code and add
it to polyshp2osm in python. It would make life easier in the end to have a
completely integrated script.

Emilie Laffray