[OSM-dev] Data download anomaly

Thomas Emge temge at esri.com
Thu Apr 1 06:24:40 BST 2010

Hi,

In working with the 0.6 API and I've run into a little "data anomaly" that I can't quite explain and I am hoping for some clarification on this topic.

I am performing a GET request to download some data as in

http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=7.14746,50.68080,7.16356,50.68613

Looking through the response I discovered that parts of the relations are "missing". Well, I guess they are not really missing but they are not part of the original response. For example, one of the relations that are returned is the following one

http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/13239

However if I take a look through the listed ways from the original GET request I can't find way id=23039372 in the returned osm file. And the way does exist on the server as in

http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/23039372

Any ideas or suggestions what might be happening in the initial GET request?

Thanks,

-          Thomas