[OSM-dev] Planet OSM 'bad result during COPY'

Seth Voltz seth.voltz at shiftresearch.com
Thu Apr 15 20:37:34 BST 2010

I've downloaded the Austrian extract and have been running the import for a few minutes. I'll report back if it succeeds or fails. I should have plenty of RAM (a blade with 16GB available).

I've seen a number of forum posts about using the -C (cache) flag during imports. How much does this actually help and what are some good metrics to use when setting the value?

— Seth