[OSM-dev] git.openstreetmap.org

Seth Voltz seth.voltz at shiftresearch.com
Wed Apr 21 19:53:20 BST 2010

I'm not sure if this is how Gitorious works in the backend, but I have had good luck with Gitosis [1], which was built to mimic the way GitHub works. You always connect as git at git.server... and the Gitosis config file takes care of ensuring you (using your SSH key) have access to that project. There's a nice tutorial [2] that I've used a number of times.

[1]: http://eagain.net/gitweb/?p=gitosis.git
[2]: http://scie.nti.st/2007/11/14/hosting-git-repositories-the-easy-and-secure-way

— Seth