[OSM-dev] New full history dump available

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Wed Aug 4 00:43:24 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Lars Francke <lars.francke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Matt Amos was so nice to run the history export again.
> The result is available here:
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/full-experimental/full-planet-100801.osm.bz2
> and it's grown from 13 GB in February to 17 GB. The regular planet has
> grown from 8 to 10 GB in the same time.
>
> Have fun and it would always be interesting to know if you're using
> it, having problems with it and what you're using it for.

This is a non issue, but interesting.

I ran bzip2recover on it and every two bz2 blocks are just ~100bytes..
I'm guessing this is an artifact  from parallel bzip2, but that it
could be so extreme was new to me.

Size in bytes for bz2 blocks in full planet history file:
36972 rec00614fullplanet.bz2
152  rec00615fullplanet.bz2

This is from the ordinary planet dump:
107188  rec00025plane.bz2