[OSM-dev] CC-BY-SA datasources, display warning in editor?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Aug 4 15:15:23 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:10 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 August 2010 19:54, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
>> Nobody is in breach with anything since *only* new mappers produce ODbL
>> data.
>
> I'm not talking about the license, it's the new contributor terms that
> put new users in a breach of contract situation. The majority of
> Aussie users can't accept the new contributor terms for the same
> reason.

Is Nearmap mixing any of our CC-BY-SA data with their aerials?  If so,
then they are bound to the terms of CC-BY-SA, which say "You may not
offer or impose any terms on the Work that restrict the terms of this
License or the ability of the recipient of the Work to exercise the
rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License."
That means their contractual restrictions are not allowed.