[OSM-dev] licensing question

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:32:42 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 21:55, Jim Burt <jimburt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm interested in using OpenStreetMap for an internally facing website for
> my company (no public access). This is going to be a small app with very
> limited users and page views.
>
> I've reviewed the licensing, and this appears to be acceptable use. Can
> anyone confirm this?

Yes, I'm also pretty sure that you can just completely ignore the
license since you're only using the data within your own organization.
The licence only kicks in when you're doing re-distribution to third
parties.

(See e.g. Google's use of Linux, they don't re-distribute their
changes, and don't have to)