[OSM-dev] licensing question

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:31:03 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, I'm also pretty sure that you can just completely ignore the
> license since you're only using the data within your own organization.
> The licence only kicks in when you're doing re-distribution to third
> parties.

Could you point out in the license text where "own organization" and "third
party" are defined and where it says that "CC" or "BY" do not apply for the
first ?
One point is to say "as soon as it stays internal, any license terms
infringement will not be visible". Another is to say that the license does
not apply inside organisations.

And yes, it's the wrong list for such discussion. Have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contact for the legal talks.

Pieren