[OSM-dev] troubles installing osm2pgsql on Mac OS X 10.6: make fail

owntheweb owntheweb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:20:19 BST 2010

Updated questions regarding this topic:
-If I uninstall macports, do I need to reinstall all the related libraries?
(I installed some from source, and some from binaries found at
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks, none with macports that I am
aware of)
-Homebrew looks like a ruby on rails tool. I'm still reading up on it, but
how would you compile something using this tool?
-Doing some checking, I see that /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib and
/opt/local/lib/libbz2.dylib do not exist. Are these required even though the
output says, 'Id: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib, file is not of
required architecture'
-Should I re-install everything from source or with a different recommended
tool (Homebrew)?

Chris