[OSM-dev] Very long load times for bbox downloads

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 7 15:48:58 BST 2010

For some days now I'm experiencing very long load times when I try to load data
with a bbox, both in JOSM and in a webrowser. Load times of multiple minutes are
quite common and even having to wait 5 minutes and then JOSM loads no data at
all, but also gives out no error message (also not in the console), or get a
HTTP 503 error in Firefox.
This long loading does not occur when I load nodes, ways or relations by id, and
also uploading data is fast.

Is this a server problem? Is the server overloaded or is there an issue
downloading bboxes?

Regards,
Maarten