[OSM-dev] troubles importing osm data via osm2pgsql: skipping table creation, no function match, permission issue?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 7 16:21:08 BST 2010

Hi,

On 08/07/2010 04:29 PM, Christopher Stevens wrote:
> No luck. Maybe it's not a permission issue, or I'm missing a step? Let
> me know what you think. I appreciate the feedback.

There's two files named lwpostgis.sql* and spatial_ref_sys.sql which are
in your PostGIS package somewhere. You need to run them on your database
after you have done the createdb and the createlang plpgsql. All that is
documented on the OSM wiki, at

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik/PostGIS

Bye
Frederik

[*] postgis.sql for PostGIS 1.4 and later I believe.