[OSM-dev] Bugs in the new wiki skin (was: Re: OSM Wiki now uses the Vector skin)

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 8 12:47:22 BST 2010

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 10:31, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nice! When did this happen? I only realized that the OSM Wiki was using the
>> new skin just now. :-)
>
> It was recently upgraded to MediaWiki 1.16, then the skin settings for
> logged-in users were changed.

I noticed it too. I am not a fan of this skin at all. Especially the text in the
edit window looks horrible. I also don't like the search box moved away to the
top right. It's far away from the bulk of the navigation links.
Is there a way to change back to the normal skin?

And I don't know if it's related to this, but the edit window now has a bug: if
you paste a portion of text, then after pasting, the cursor jumps to a spot
somewhere in the pasted text in stead of staying at the end of the pasted text
(which is normal behaviour).

I've not seen this behaviour on other wikipedias that use this skin.

Aditionally, there is more weird behaviour when pasting long lines. Initially,
text is pasted with line breaks after 72 characters, then the browser seems to
think a few seconds, after which the line breaks disappear and the text is
continuous again.
Maybe the cursor thing is related to this, but annoying it is.

Tested here on Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows XP.

Maarten