[OSM-dev] Proposed schema for the OSM binary format.

Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu
Tue Aug 10 11:53:40 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi scott,

> what has changed since the beginnning?

See my other email. The core is the same, but some stuff has changed
on the edges.

> the only thing that I would like to see is some form of tree structure
> being possible, we should consider that the quadtree can be
> implemented using the protobuf for an optimal random access.

I wouldn't mind an (optional) indexing structure, but except for
geographic sorting, I haven't found a design whose features seem worth
the complexity. Do you have a specific proposal for how to implement
quadtrees and what their proposed purpose is.

Scott