[OSM-dev] api question

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 23:24:27 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM, bernhard zwischenbrugger
<bz at datenkueche.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to display an old version of a way on a map
> To load the data of a way I use:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/50191466/full
>
> To get an old version of the way I use
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/50191466/1 (version 1)
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/50191466/2 (version 2)
>
> Is there a way to get a full way for an old version?

Not as far as I know. You need to build it yourself, since the old
versions only contain the node ids.

Also note that for each "version" of the way there can be many, um,
"minor revisions" as each of the nodes can have N different versions
of themselves. For the concept of a "full old way" it only makes sense
to say "at this timestamp" instead of "at this way version number".
The Potlatch previous versions dialog, for example, is all based on
calculating the number of different states and giving timestamps for
each.

Cheers,
Andy