[OSM-dev] Clean room edting

steve brown steve at evolvedlight.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 22:28:51 BST 2010

On 14 August 2010 22:15, Andrew <wynndale at lavabit.com> wrote:
> What tools would be the most effective to map an area completely replacing what
> is currently there and not based on it, but not deleting the current map until
> the change is committed?

I (although statistically other people would use different tools)
would use merkaartor and turn off the osm layer. You can save the
files as you go I think, so you dont need to do it in one session

Then I would select the whole area in the osm layer and delete it, and
upload the new additions.

But I would first question with myself that deleting the entire old
area is what I really want to do, and check with any other people who
have edited it that they dont mind me overwriting them.
You've probably done that already.

Steve