[OSM-dev] External sign-in and Potlatch embedding

Julio Costa Zambelli julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl
Mon Aug 16 17:50:07 BST 2010

We as the local OpenStreetMap Chapter have been invited as
"clients/beneficiaries" to the CrisisCamp that will be held here in
Santiago this Saturday and I am brainstorming some request/ideas for

The first thing we will do is to rebuild our front page using
CloudMades Web-Maps-Lite API for the slippy map, routing and

Also I have been thinking of including a local OSM New User Sign-in
form and an embedded Potlatch editor.

I know that for those first tasks we will need people with expertise
in JS/AJAX and CSS. Now for the last tasks what I need to know is:

1) Is this possible/desirable?
2) Where can I find references about this tasks that I can give (in
advance) to the developers that may be assigned to us? And what kind
of scripting languages/technologies will they have to dominate?

This is the Sign-in form that I am talking about:

And this is the kind of Potlatch embedding:

Thank you very much for your help!