[OSM-dev] database growth on updated partial import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 24 08:39:46 BST 2010

Hi,

Stephan Knauss wrote:
> But there is a "id" column. I thought I could match all ids that are not
> included in the _line _polygon _roads tables.

Careful with that; that would also delete ways which are inside your
bbox and which don't have any tags that are interesting to osm2pgsql -
but such a way might well be used as a member in a polygon relation
(which you could check by looking at the relations table) or it could
*become* a member of such a relation in the future (in that case you
would receive a diff with the new relation, but the way would be assumed
to be already present).

Bye
Frederik