[OSM-dev] invalid geometry in planet_polygon

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Aug 24 08:58:11 BST 2010

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Stephan Knauss wrote:
>> So it's best to prepend every whery that relies on valid geometries
>> with "AND ST_IsValid(way)"
> ST_IsValid is a relatively expensive operation, so be careful with that.
> If you are using it a lot, it might be worthfile to just delete invalid
> geometries once.

As it's the table used for the rendering deleting them might not be
possible.

I tried fixing them (only 3 left in Thailand) but for example relation
812277 seams to be fine.

The problem might be that an inner way shares a segment with the outer
way. Josm validater reports this as "intersection".

But that's the common way we're mapping it, right? I don't want to
duplicate the nodes.

Stephan