[OSM-dev] invalid geometry in planet_polygon

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 24 18:45:20 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 05:41:05PM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > CREATE INDEX idx_planet_osm_polygon_valid ON planet_osm_polygon USING btree
> > (ST_IsValid(way));
> The index is never used... and how do I know? Because I actually tried it...
Try:
set enable_seqscan='off';

I had the problem that sometimes indices would not be used, because the
planner thought it would be faster to do a sequential scan (which might
sometimes be true). With this setting a sequential scan is only used if no
other possibility is found.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich