[OSM-dev] OSM code sprint @FOSS4G??

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Aug 25 14:07:50 BST 2010

Hi all,

I'll be spreading OSM goodness at the upcoming FOSS4G conference (with lots of
help from Dane Springmeyer A.K.A. "The Mapnik Wizard").

Besides the workshops and the conference, there is going to be a "Code
Sprint", which is kinda like a hack-a-thon. See:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Code_Sprint

If other OSMers are going to be at the FOSS4G, this could be a good
opportunity to spend some time working on OSM tools. I, for one, would like
to spend some time reworking ogr2osm in order to adapt it for converting huge
amounts of data.

Are any other OSM devs interested in spending some time coding in Barcelona?

Best,

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.