[OSM-dev] XAPI problems and available queries
ktran9 at mail.usf.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:17:18 BST 2010
This is my first time asking questions on this list and hopefully some of
you can help me out here.
I've been using XAPI for my application to get nodes and relations from
openstreetmap and I've experienced some problems that I don't have an answer
1) Sometimes, XAPI server responds pretty quick for my query. However, for
some other time, it's very slow like 5 or 10 minutes to get all the nodes
approximately 3900 nodes. I know this is a large dataset but the
xml download file is not that big, under 2MB).
2) Since data needs to be updated by osmosis to planetdump before XAPI can
have the new data, I understand that there's a mismatch between real
openstreetmap database and xapi data. However, I've read on the wiki page
that planetdump is updated minutely (??). It seems to me it takes more time
to update the new data. I had to wait 3,4 hours before my new data/change
took place in XAPI server.
* Is there anything I can do in my application to stay away from the above
problems? I don't intend to have my own database to handle the same job of
* Is there a way to access OpenStreetMap Postgresql database to GET data
only besides using the API? I'd love to use something like XAPI but more
* The last question seems irrelevant to this thread but I can't find an
answer myself. If a node is deleted, how to get that node WITHOUT the node
id (e.g. I'd like to use something like this
with all the deleted nodes]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dev