[OSM-dev] Mapping during license change / "safe to edit"

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Wed Aug 25 22:41:29 BST 2010

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> How could we make life easier for them? What technological measures
> could realistically be employed to determine what is "safe to edit" and
> how could this be signalled to the mapper?

The osm format could be extended. Each node an tag gets an additional
attribute "safe"="yes" if the last position change is "safe" or the last
tag change is "safe".

That calculation would need to be done on the server on every object
change. Sounds costly for the server.

This might be provided as api 0.6.1 so existing software still works.

Stephan